I was delighted with this display from The Novel Encounter when I saw it at the National Gallery in Singapore a few weeks ago. A surprise novel in a beautifully minimalist wrapper, summarised in a single sentence. It made me think of three things.
1) Curating my mystery retreat boxes as part of my new transformational development programme for women (currently itself under development!)
2) What the summary of my own story would be. I’m still writing it, so I’ll get back to you on that one.
3) Those Penguin Books memes about the story of your life. Will yours be:
– Oh shit was that today: A memoir
– Well I was clearly into that more than you were: A love story
– Plan B
– If only: A tale of regrets
– Don’t actually press send: Advice from the grave
– How to accept anything: A story about giving up
– Well, that didn’t go as planned
– Finding that special someone: A guide to dying alone
Well? What’s yours going to be? You can pick, or if you don’t like any of those then write your own. Make it a good one, ok?
– Written by Natalie Snodgrass Tan, Quiet Space Ltd